Health and Safety
At Cabot Microelectronics we strive to work safely in a manner that protects and promotes the health and well-being of our employees, contractors and the communities in which we operate because it is fundamentally the right thing to do.
Individual commitment to CMC's core environment, health and safety value remains important during uncertain and challenging economic times. We put safety first in our core values of our global EHS program.
When operations are forced to operate with fewer resources, we recognize that this can translate to less supervision and oversight at a time when distraction, time pressure and a focus on production may be increasing our risk. Despite these uncertainties and challenges, we remain committed to living our values and managing risks accordingly.
Our safety systems are built on a foundation of values and principles, with the cornerstones being anchored in place by:
- Committed people who are actively engaged
- Effectively supporting a safe work environment and safe work methods
CMC believes safety is largely about cultural change, with the ultimate goal of institutionalizing a safety system that first and foremost protects our employees, contractors and the communities in which we operate globally. This enables us to meet our customers' needs in a manner that unlocks the business potential of the organization.
The following are main activities undertaken in support of our global safety program as we continue to identify, evaluate and control hazards:
- Identifying hazards
- Assessing the risks associated with our products, services and operations
- Developing and implementing operational controls to mitigate identified risk
- Monitoring and maintaining our hazard recognition & risk assessment process
- Improving system stability